Infant Massage | Akossage Healing Spa
Columbus | Dublin | Hilliard | Worthington | Powell | Westerville | Gahanna
Infant Massage is a 5 hour training course to help parent/s learn how to give a healthy and beneficial massage to your infant. You can purchase either a one hour introductory session for $50 or the full course of five (5) hours for $200.
There are many benefits of Infant Massage
Infant Massage is an age-old tradition that has been passed down from mother to daughter since the beginning of time.
Infant Massage offers many benefits to both your baby and you! At Akossage, we take time to instruct in the most tender and loving techniques that help you and your baby deeply bond. Your child will receive massage touch from you that will help stimulate their blood circulation and experience an all around healing nature.
Each class is special and every parent as important as the last. Nothing is rushed and the techniques learned will be able to be utilized in different ways throughout life.
Your experience will be one of fulfillment and completeness. Read all the benefits that come from infant massage. You may be surprised at how many there are.
Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
• Infant-Parent attachment or “bonding”
• Helps baby feel loved
• Promotes better sleep
• Facilitates body awareness
• Boosts immune system
• Sensory stimulation
• Improves skin condition
• Improves blood circulation
• Helps digestion
• Balances respiration
• Relief for teething pains
• Help waste elimination
• Helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
• Helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
• Relaxes parents
• Pleasurable experience
• Stimulates production of oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which can be produced by both male and female persons during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect on the person.)
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
• Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
• Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
• Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
• Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
• Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant methods of providing this important early nurturing and an amazing tool for helping parents become closer to their babies.
Come enjoy these benefits with your baby!
Infant Massage provides these benefits in 4 distinct ways:
Stimulates all the systems of the body including the:
• Nervous system
• Circulatory system
• Respiratory System
• Elimination System
• Immune System
Stimulates the release of oxytocin, known as the cuddle hormone (is released in both parent and child), prolactin (promoting milk production in the mother) and other endorphins.
Reduces muscle stiffness and normalizes muscle tone
• Helps relieve tension built up from all the stimulation in the baby’s environment
• Helps babies handle sensory stimulation and respond in a relaxed manner
• Helps babies sleep better
• Helps regulate sleep/wake cycle
• Touch combined with vocalization helps reduce pain levels up to 80%
• Helps tone digestive tract
• Helps alleviate gas and promote elimination
• Releases hormones for food absorption.
• Releases endorphins, natural pain killers, to ease emotional distress
“Bonding is a unique relationship between two people. It is specific and endures through time.” M. Klaus
Bonding and Attachment
• Infant massage draws on all the elements of bonding and attachment
• Eye-to-eye contact, skin-to-skin, body scent, vocalization, taste, responsiveness
• Hormones stimulated by infant massage promote bonding and attachment between parent and baby
(From the Infant Massage USA Website)
Call Akossage today to find out about class times or an individual session: 614-309-6028